For more than 55 years, the Research Council Employees’ Association (RCEA) has been the certified bargaining agent representing six groups and categories at NRC. These groups and categories are: AD (Administrative Support) Group, AS (Administrative Services) Group, CS (Computer Systems Administration) Group, OP (Operational) Category, PG (Purchasing and Supply) Group, and TO (Technical) Category.
The RCEA is responsible for:
- Bargaining, maintenance and application of collective agreements
- Providing advice and individual representation to members on all employment related issues
- Ensuring terms and conditions of employment (ie – benefits, salary, etc.)
- Conducting pay and contract language research to ensure members are on par (or better) with other comparable organizations
- Leading the bargaining process on behalf of its members
- Representing members in grievances and complaints, both at NRC and before independent third parties, such as the Public Service Labour Relations Board, the National Joint Council, etc.
RCEA members are encouraged to engage with these activities by joining collective bargaining teams, volunteering on Health and Safety and Working Group Committees.