Please note that not all links will work.
Requesting carry over of vacation
Each year, excess vacation time is liquidated in accordance with collective agreements. Given the current circumstances, employees who needed to cancel previously approved vacation as a result of COVID related issues may request these days be carried over.
The process is as follows:
- If you cancelled scheduled vacation, you may request a carry-over of unused vacation time for that pre-approved period by contacting your manager.
- Your delegated manager will send an email to the Compensation Services mailbox confirming approval of the carry-over by Friday, April 17. If approval is not received by this date, the leave will be cashed out per normal procedures.
- Please note that requested leave that is carried over will not be reflected on your opening leave balance form. However, the adjustment will be visible in the ESS-MSS Portal.
Making the time to enter and approve time
While we appreciate you are respecting requests to reduce time on VPN, time entry remains a priority, particularly as we approach the fiscal year-end. Effective time entry and approvals will allow the organization to close out the 2019-20 fiscal year.
Therefore, it is important that you enter your time and that it be approved by Friday, April 17. Doing so before the deadline will reduce the need to recover carry-overs and payouts improperly processed due to incomplete timesheets.
- If you don’t have access to the ESS-MSS Portal are encouraged to work with your CBI time coordinator.
- Time coordinators are available to provide assistance as needed.
- A list of time coordinators is available on MyZone or by contacting the Self-Service Portal team.
- Supervisors are reminded to approve time entries as soon as possible.