When an employee expects to receive a lump sum payment of some kind, he or she may request that such payment be rolled over directly into an RRSP.  In order to do so, the employee must complete the following form requesting a waiver from the Canada Revenue Agency and submit it to the Compensation and Benefits Unit prior to the issuance of such payment.  The forms can be found at the following sites.

English request: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1213/

French request:  http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/F/pbg/tf/t1213/