TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED FOR OP BARGAINING UNIT
June 25, 2019
We are proud to announce that the RCEA has reached a tentative agreement with the NRC for the OP bargaining unit.
This agreement will see salary increases of 8% over four years.
The increases are as follows: (Note: specific dates will be identified in the ratification package).
Year 1 – economic increase – 2%
Year 1 – wage adjustment – 0.8%
Year 2 – economic increase – 2%
Year 2 – wage adjustment – 0.2%
Year 3 – economic adjustment – 1.5%
Year 4 – economic adjustment – 1.5%
In addition to these salary increases, other changes include:
- New Caregiver leave provisions for members who qualify for EI Compassionate Care benefits (up to 26 weeks of leave without pay), Family Caregiver Benefits for Children (up to 35 weeks of leave without pay) and/or Family Caregiver Benefits for Adults (up to 15 weeks of leave without pay).
- Eligible to take Leave without Pay for Care of Immediate Family, Leave with Pay for Family Related Responsibility, and Bereavement Leave (paid) of a person who is not a blood relative but who stands in the place of a relative.
- Improvements to Maternity Allowance, Parental Leave without Pay and Parental Allowance.
- New Domestic Violence leave with pay – up to 10 days per year for members who themselves are victims or whose children are victims of domestic violence.
- New Article on Education Leave without Pay and Career Development Leave with Pay.
- New MOU on the Reduction of the Probationary Period for RCEA members from two years to one year.
- New MOU on the implementation of the collective agreement that gives the Council more time (up to 180 days and more in some complex cases) to implement changes to the agreement, including the processing of retroactive pay and other pay adjustments. In return all members will receive a lump sum payment of $400 (less any statutory deductions) and up to an additional $450 should implementation timelines not be met.
- Renewal of the Memorandum of Agreement on Employee Wellness.
- A commitment by the NRC to review the HVAC terminable allowance in the event that an improvement to the allowance is negotiated in the core public administration.
A ratification package is currently being prepared and will be sent out shortly. If there are questions please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your bargaining team:
Chris Rootham – RCEA
Thank you to the members of the Bargaining Committee that worked on the preparation for this round of bargaining.