CS Tentative Agreement Reached
On November 20, 2017, a tentative agreement was reached for the CS group. Ratification packages will be sent out shortly to all members.
Highlights of the Tentative Agreement
The total compensation for all CS group members amounts to an increase of 5.0% over the four years of the collective agreement, plus an additional 1.0% for those at levels CS1 to CS4.
- Effective December 22, 2014 – 1.25%
- Effective December 22, 2015 – 1.25%
- Effective April 1, 2016 – 1.0% for levels CS1 to CS4 inclusive
- Effective December 22, 2016 – 1.25%
- Effective December 22, 2017 – 1.25%
- Elimination of volunteer leave and the increase in personal leave to 2 days.
- Changes to Maternity, Parental, Bereavement and Family Related Leave.
- Introduction of Compassionate Care Leave without Pay.
- Agreement that if a new Wellness Program is negotiated in the Core Public Service, it will be submitted to the membership for a ratification vote and then be included in any new collective agreement.
- Employee Performance Review – The Council’s representative who assesses an employee’s performance must have observed or been aware of the employee’s performance for at least one half (1/2) of the period for the which the employee is being assessed.
- The Terminable Allowance is extended until December 21, 2018.