PG Tentative Agreement Reached
On November 14, 2017, tentative agreements were reached for the AD, AS and PG groups. Ratification packages will be sent out shortly to all members.
Highlights of the Tentative Agreement
The total compensation for all PG group members amounts to an increase of 4.75% over the three years of the collective agreement, plus an additional 1.25% added to the top rate for levels 1-4. Employees currently being paid at the top rate of levels 1-4, will receive this increase on May 1, 2016. The top rate will be permanently increased so employees not yet at the top rate will benefit from this increase at a later date.
- Effective May 1, 2015 – 1.25%
- Effective May 1, 2016 – 1.0% Market Adjustment
- Effective May 1, 2016 – 1.25% applied to top level of PG levels 1-4
- Effective May 1, 2016 – 1.25%
- Effective May 1, 2017 – 1.25%
- Elimination of volunteer leave and the increase in personal leave to 2 days.
- Changes to Maternity, Parental, Bereavement and Family Related Leave.
- Introduction of Compassionate Care Leave without Pay.
- Agreement that if a new Wellness Program is negotiated in the Core Public Service, it will be submitted to the membership for a ratification vote and then be included in any new collective agreement.
- Employee Performance Review – The Council’s representative who assesses an employee’s performance must have observed or been aware of the employee’s performance for at least one half (1/2) of the period for the which the employee is being assessed.