On November 14, 2017, tentative agreements were reached for the AD, AS and PG groups. Ratification packages will be sent out shortly to all members.
Highlights of the Tentative Agreement
The total compensation for all AS group members amounts to an increase of 4.25% over the three years of the collective agreement, plus a $650 signing bonus. AS group members who are employed in the bargaining unit on the date of signing of the new agreement will receive this signing bonus.
- Effective May 1, 2015 – 1.25%
- Effective May 1, 2016 – 0.5%
- Effective May 1, 2016 – 1.25%
- Effective May 1, 2017 1.25%
- Elimination of volunteer leave and the increase in personal leave to 2 days.
- Changes to Maternity, Parental, Bereavement and Family Related Leave.
- Introduction of Compassionate Care Leave without Pay.
- Members who leave the public service and then return shall have their prior service count for the calculation of annual leave entitlements.
- Agreement that if a new Wellness Program is negotiated in the Core Public Service, it will be submitted to the membership for a ratification vote and then be included in any new collective agreement.
- Employee Performance Review – The Council’s representative who assesses an employee’s performance must have observed or been aware of the employee’s performance for at least one half (1/2) of the period for the which the employee is being assessed.
- For Pay and Benefits Advisors at the AS1, AS2 and AS3 levels, a retention payment of $2500 per year, a one-time incentive payment of $4000.00 and the payment of overtime at the double (2) rate from Aug. 1, 2017 to June 1, 2018.