TO Tentative Agreement Reached
On September 8, 2017, the TO Bargaining Team reached a tentative agreement with NRC. A ratification package will be sent out shortly to all members.
Highlights of the Tentative Agreement
The total compensation for all TO group members amounts to an increase of five and a half percent over the four years of the collective agreement, plus a $650 signing bonus. TO group members who are employed in the bargaining unit on the date of signing of the new agreement will receive this signing bonus.
- Effective April 1, 2014 – 1.25%
- Effective April 1, 2015 – 1.25%
- Effective April 1, 2016 – 0.5% wage adjustment
- Effective April 1, 2016 – 1.25%
- Effective April 1, 2017 – 1.25%
- Shift premium – will now be payable for all eligible hours worked, including overtime hours.
- Travel Time – employees will now be able to request travel time as compensatory leave.
- Elimination of volunteer leave and the increase in personal leave to 2 days.
- Changes to Maternity, Parental, Bereavement and Family Related Leave.
- Members who leave the public service and then return shall have their prior service count for the calculation of annual leave entitlements.
- Prior Canadian Forces service of 6 months or more shall count toward the calculation of annual leave entitlements.
- Agreement that if a new Wellness Program is negotiated in the Core Public Service, it will be submitted to the membership for a ratification vote and then be included in any new collective agreement.