The Arbitration Board, that was formed to hear the case for the CS group, has rendered its final and binding decision. The entire decision will be posted on the website. As well, we will also post a review of all changes to the collective agreement.
At the outset of the hearing, with the assistance of the Arbitration Board, we were able to reach agreement on all outstanding issues with the exception of the following. As such, below find the issues before the Arbitration Board and their decision:
1) Four weeks annual leave after 6 years of service – the Board did not award this change.
2) The deletion of marriage leave and the provision of five extra days of annual leave – the Board did not award this change.
3) The continuation of the Terminable Allowance – the Board has awarded this continuation of the TA.
4) The deletion of the bottom three steps of the CS-1 range – the Board has awarded this change.
5) Signing Bonus – the Board has awarded a signing bonus of $700 to each employee in the bargaining unit.
Economic Increases: (agreed to by the parties)
a) December 22, 2004 – increase all rates of pay by 2.25%
b) December 22, 2005 – increase all rates of pay by 2.4%
c) December 22, 2006 – increase all rates of pay by 2.5%
The collective agreement will expire on December 21, 2007.
Further details of all changes will be posted as soon as possible. Since this is an Arbitral Award, no ratification process is required. NRC has 90 days from the date of this Award to implement the changes and the economic increases.