Tentative Agreement Reached for PG Group
On November 28, 2003, after two days of mediation, a tentative agreement was reached for the PG Group. The highlights of the agreement include the following:
1. Effective May 1, 2002 – increase all rates of pay by 1.6%.
2. Effective May 1, 2002 – increase all rates of pay by 2.5%.
3. Effective May 1, 2003 – increase all rates of pay by 2.5%.
This means that on May 1, 2002, members will receive a 4.1% increase, followed by a 2.5% increase on May 1, 2003. These increases will create parity between NRC and the Public Service PG rates.
The improvements to vacation leave will be retroactive to January 1, 2003.
In addition to the existing provisions, the following changes will be made:
1. 4 weeks and 2 days of leave after 16 years of service.
2. 5 weeks and 2 days of leave after 27 years of service.
3. 6 weeks of leave after 28 years of service.
Increase value to $10.50.
One new day of Volunteer Leave;
One new day of Personal Leave.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Allowance – $75.00/month.
In addition to the above, and as a signing incentive, members of the group will each receive two (2) additional days of leave with pay. This leave must be used by December 31, 2004. It cannot be carried over and it cannot be cashed out. It is a one time only addition of leave.
The collective agreement will expire on April 30, 2004.
Full details of the tentative agreement will included in the ratification package which will be sent out shortly.