Effective November 19, the NRC is changing its probationary policy to reduce the period of probation. If you are a current probationary employee, you can apply to your Director General through a written request to your manager or supervisor to have the last year of your probationary period waived once you have served one year of probation, or in the case of Research Officers or Research Council Officers, two years of probation.
Speak to your Manager or your Human Resources Generalist for more information.
On this day, we honour those who have fought for our country and our freedom. …Read More
I am truly honoured by the overwhelming show of confidence you have placed in me and I do not take this trust lightly. I will continue to work compassionately, diligently and justly on your and the Associations’ behalf through all levels of government.
The RCEA has a bright future with all of us working together.
There are still spaces left in these NRC Retirement Training Courses. Please check SuccessFactors to register and for more details.
- Planning for Retirement (This course is for employees who are more than 10 years away from retirement and interested in planning for the future. The course provides participants with information and tools needed to design personalized retirement plans. Note: Spouses are welcome to attend this session)
- November 26-27, 2019 – Ottawa – French – 8 seats available
- Ready for Retirement (The course is for employees who are forty (40) years of age or older and who expect to retire within the next 10 years. In addition to providing information to support financial planning, the course aims to help participants prepare for the transition from work to retirement.)
- December 3-5, 2019 – Boucherville – French – 1 seat available
- February 4-6, 2020 – Ottawa – French – 8 seats available